Today was a good one. Doug stayed home to nurse himself back to good health, so it was me and the 4 girls heading to Sacrament Meeting. They were surprisingly well-behaved today, which means that I was able to get a lot out of the meeting. The theme was "Reverence", and the speakers were inspirational. I came home feeling well fed.
Driving in the car this afternoon, Lauren said to me,
"I'm glad that Heavenly Father is real, because then we don't have to be invented."
She went on to list all the creations that would not exist if He wasn't the one who created them.
It's so nice to have a pretty-darn-perfect Sabbath Day once in a while--just to know that they still exist, even for imperfect me. What a gift after a rather long week.
I'm grateful.
4 comments:
It is good to know they still exist - for someone, anyway. I haven't heard a complete talk in Sacrament Meeting for a good 2 years. But, I know it's where I'm supposed to be each week, and I do occasionally catch a grand, thought-provoking, inspiring snippet. That makes it all worthwhile.
Glad your Sabbath day was good. What cuties your girls are! And sooo smart! Hope Doug is feeling better! Sorry we missed Aamey's wedding events. Donna called to tell me all the people that were in attendance. Oh well! Next time maybe. We saw snow on the top of the mountains yesterday after having off-and-on rain in the valleys since Saturday afternoon. Yikes! I am glad to see the sun again today! Much love, Mom
Sacrament Meeting usually great(unless Shaun's kids are tormenting him - did they do that while Doug was his counselor?). However, Sunday School class is often quite disconcerting. This week, for example, we learned how Paul taught the various church branches in the ancient world about the follies of UTAH MORMONS, and that some of the Apostles of the latter-day church are over-the-top because they won't eat chocolate. Whatever the point of the lesson, I missed it. I suppose it was an object lesson on how easily the children of men can be carried off into "strange paths" in just a very short period of time.
Breaks my heart to hear of Doug's suffering! Would it help if I called and sang a Josh Groban tune?
Post a Comment