Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nothing average about the middle

Lauren is pretty even-tempered and mellow.  That might have something to do with being the middle child.  But in other ways, she's a  stand-out in her sea of sisters.

For Christmas, Lauren got a guitar.  She has been wanting music lessons for a couple of years, and I finally decided that the guitar would be a good instrument for her.  She is my child who comes home from school and independently gets right into doing her homework and chores.  Practicing her guitar is also a task that she does willingly.  As I type this, she is in her room, strumming, and hosting an impromptu sing-along with her little sisters and their friends.  I love it!


For her birthday, Lauren asked for a tetherball set.  Doug and I were happy to oblige!  And now that the ground is not constantly (only sometimes) covered in snow and ice, I love looking into the back yard and seeing that tetherball swinging!

1 comment:

Darla Davies said...

Gotta love that girl for all those reasons and more!!! :)