Monday, May 24, 2010

Stormy Weather

Front yard, May 24th


It's the last week of school. Summer vacation is supposed to start this Friday.

Our garden is planted, our winter clothes are rotated out of our drawers and into storage boxes, our bikes are oiled and pumped and ready for a nice long FHE ride.

And it is snowing today. Doug was whistling "Sleigh Ride" as he shaved and showered. Our poor tomato plants. Our lonely bikes. Our closets will have to make room for sweaters and boots again.

Or, I'll just have to stay in bed all day and read a book.

That's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Utah right now, actually for the last 8 months. -Kaelyn

Rebecca said...

Kaelyn,

I'm so glad you and I can hate the weather together and never have to tell ourselves to "get over it."

(Someone else I know tells me that quite often. He gets tired of my whining, I guess.)

Darla Davies said...

But how about the next day? I spent 4 1/2 hours weeding on our lower level in the backyard. It wasn't much fun, but the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the weeds came out more easily (lol) because of the snow making the soil moist on Monday. Yeah for Pollyana! I love hearing you sing Stormy Weather. Call me!

Kara said...

I went on a field trip Tuesday morning where we hiked to the Y and enjoyed (not) eating lunch in the snow. Loved spending time with my daughter, but would have preferred less wet, dripping white stuff that created muddy trails.

Eryn said...

It was all for me Rebecca! I was in Utah last weekend and until this day it would have been the first year in thirty-four years that I hadn't seen snow, I loved it--but seriously it must have been terrible for you =)

Kat said...

Snow, really? I guess I won't complain about the gray and raining here. I am sooooo ready for some sun. Will it ever be here? I am so over being cold.