Saturday, August 22, 2009

Warning!

You do not want to go boating/skiing/knee-boarding/wake-boarding at the lake today.


Doing so might give you a double chin, or otherwise cause you to make ugly faces.

The sun might get in your eyes.




The water might spray your face.




You will have to share the water with fishies, not to mention let's-not-think-about-what-else.



Tomorrow morning, you'll probably wake up feeling like you rode a bucking bronco.






Water sports may give you a blast from the past! You might be humming the Carpenters' songs for the rest of the day, and smiling about the good times you shared with your BFF since kindergarten.


Oh, and I almost forgot...you might lose that farmer's tan you've been working so hard on!

No, really. Stay away from that lake!
Do as I say, not as I do.
(Thanks, Dad!)

7 comments:

simplysarah said...

You two both age really well, cuz you look just the same as fifteen years ago. How does that work?

Brandi said...

how fun for you guys! You look so good. I agree with Sarah. Glad you had such a fun day and thanks for posting the picture. Oh and btw your girls look adorable on their first day of school too. :)

Anonymous said...

May I had another to your warnings: You might end up with a huge bruise down your leg if your first attempts after many years aren't that successful. Kara

Andrea said...

You're funny! Looks like a great time!

Rebecca said...

Kara, that sounds painful. Do you have a story to share? :)

Anonymous said...

Not really. I just bruise easily. We went with some friends a couple of weeks ago to Yuba. I haven't been water sking in a long time and was never really very good at it. Things weren't much different this time and I took some good falls in attempt to ski. I don't really know what or how but the next day my thigh was pretty bruised and I had a rope burn across my knee. Karalee and Jenica however faired much better and have become quite good. They look forward to future boating vacations. Kara

habecker havoc said...

Kara, I agree!! I found 2 new bruises! Rebecca I still can't wipe the counters or close my car door. There is something about those motions that hurts so bad. Thank you so much for the great memories!! I cherish them all:Starting with the 5 guys, the dog poop, Honking at the mouse at Sonic, Singing a little Carpenters, Semi-Sleeping with Hannah, and of course The Skiing!! That truly was the highlight of my summer! You need to email the one of us together. That is my favorite! Thank you for putting up with me! It was a much needed break to refresh and be ready for the upcoming year with the little one! You're the BEST! AND I MEAN THAT! Love, E