That's the number of checks I wrote yesterday for school fees: PTA, school lunches, P.E. uniforms, classroom donations, etc. I don't even know what the total amount spent would be.
It's also the number of extra spiral bound notebooks I bought, beyond what my kids actually needed to start the school year. But that's a total cost of less than $2.00, so there's no way I'm going to waste my time returning that merchandise to the store! They will make great scribble pads to last us the next six years!
3 comments:
My new philosophy this year: don't pay for anything until they ask me for it. I didn't stand in any lines at back-to-school night (at THREE schools!!) and will send classroom donations with the kids this week. It was so liberating!
Will the schools hate me for it? Possibly.
Do I care? NO!! (maniacal laughter ensues...)
Actually, after 19 years of doing it Gerb's way (fee & line avoidance until it's on fire)... as I read bec's post i was thinking how much more liberating it would feel to me to 'touch it ONCE' and be done!!
And tell where the best price on notebooks is this week, so i can do that in bulk too!!
ps - you know i only surface sporatically anywhere in blogtown - even on my own... but i did make a brief and partial back-to-school appearance (or deposit)over at my blog last night so if you haven't already introduced your posterity to 3 little friends from your past, now's your chance...
oh - but wait, these 3 were big in the early '90's and you may have brushed them off as childish at that point in your teenage life - which they are - on the surface, but of course, any adult that heard them speak or sing - became an instant fan of the clever humor of their adult creators!!
... and that's what we call a CLIFF HANGER...
sure hope my video clip deposit is actually viewable...
Post a Comment