Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Isn't it enough, be-ink a blonde?

I bet only Doug will understand that title, but it popped into my head and I can't refuse. It fits so well. It's from "The Jazz Singer", when Neil Diamond's father wonders why his son has to keep chasing trouble, and rhetorically he asks his rebel son, "Isn't it enough, be-ink a Jew?"


All summer, Hannah has attracted comments about how blonde she has gotten. Her hair is so sun-bleached, and her skin is so tanned, and I must admit to my parental pride in this little cutie. I love her blonde hair. It is finer than most of her sisters' heads of thick hair, so I'm not very surprised to find some broken bits of Hannah's hair now and then, especially in the front where it gets pulled into elastics, etc.


But this afternoon, I noticed a lot of shorter pieces around her face. It almost looked like bangs...


Wait a second...


Yep, somebody has definitely been using scissors, here.


But how can I get mad at her when she says to me, "I just wanted to look like you, Mom. You always look so pretty."


Sneaky little manipulator!


And honestly, I'm impressed! She did a pretty darn good job! No strange, choppy chunks anywhere else. Just a carefully calculated cut resulting in actual bangs.
Mark my words, someday this little girl might just be styling my hair, and doing my make-up. She's got talent.

3 comments:

simplysarah said...

Maybe she'll have to be a stand-in until we can fly Jen back to take care of us.

Clark and Liesel said...

I am very impressed! You're right. Hannah sure does have talent! I love her response to you- so funny! Maybe she can cut my hair someday?!

Andrea said...

Very stylish! You can't deny natural talent! It was fun seeing you on Friday night.