Every time school lets out, it hits.
Last year I blamed it on having a newborn, and waking up with her during the night.
But this year, it's affecting us all...even little Olivia.
When school is out, we like to sleep in.
And, not unrelated is the fact that we like to stay up later than usual. Even Olivia. I tried to put her to bed at the normal time last night, but she wouldn't have it. So we gave that up, went for a walk, and put her to bed later.
Which might explain why it's now after 9 a.m., and she's still asleep.
Even though I hate waking up in the morning, I really feel lazy when I sleep in past 7:30 or so. I'm conflicted, I know.
Lauren gets to attend summer school this month, which begins at 8:30. Last week I was good about getting myself out of bed when Doug left for work, giving me time to get dressed and fix breakfast before taking Lauren to school. But the past two mornings, I've startled myself awake at about 8:15. Not good. (Except the good part is that I know my internal clock is pretty accurate. I never wear a watch, and I don't set the alarm. My mind just subconsciously keeps track of time for me. I think it's a talent, or maybe just a gift of motherhood.)
Anyhow, the worst part of this summer habit is having to break it again in two months. And then dealing with the Daylight Saving time change just two months after that.
Instead of waiting til then, I'd rather nip this thing in the bud, and continue to get out of bed closer to 7:00 in the morning, even during the summer.
Also, I would like to exercise. I think a morning walk/jog would be refreshing. But I don't like to go alone. Anyone...?
4 comments:
If you want a walking buddy in Provo, you know who to call. Word.
You are more then welcome to join us. I go running at 6:30 (yes am) and the last few days the numbers have increased daily to where my three oldest and sometimes their friends come along. Kara
I would love to join you on a walk, but I might be a little late. Can you teach me how to get my kids to sleep in past 6:30?
Gerb,
It's not that I don't want a buddy in Provo, it's just that I don't want a walking buddy there. But if I ever get that motivated, you'll be the first to know.
Kara,
Way to go! There was once a time (for a year or two) that I got up even earlier than that to walk every day, but RUN? No thank you!
Sara,
I hate to break it to you, but this late morning pattern didn't hit until my #4 was a toddler. Good luck with that! :)
Post a Comment