Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Won't Grow Up!

Things finally aligned for us to go out on Grandpa's boat this morning. We had so much fun!

But I also realized that my body is not as young as it used to be. Sure, I may still look younger than I am (according to many), but I don't feel it, physically.

Mentally, sure. I feel like a kid, pretending to be the mom. But that's what gets me into trouble. My mind says, "Yes, I'd love to go on a crazy tube ride with Katelyn and Emily. And I hope we get thrown off the tube; that would be hilarious!"

But my body (after being tossed from the tube) says, "Ouch."

And then it complains for, like, the rest of the day.

I'm just ignoring it, because, as my kids will tell you, that's how I respond to whining.


P.S. Another symptom of being more like the kid than the mom: I didn't bother to bring my camera.

3 comments:

olivia said...

i love this.

i love your blog.

i love you.

Amy said...

I enojoy your blog so much! Thank you for keeping it so well updated. I check your blog for new posts an embarrassing amount of times. It just provides such a nice "pick-me-up" when there's slow moments during the day.

Suzanne said...

I am glad that you are enjoying life with your kids. They give us an excuse to be young again. You're great!