
We spent the first day of 2008 sledding in the mountains. (Well, I didn't sled, but everyone else did.) We went along with 3 other families from our ward. It was actually the first time we've played in the Washington snow, except for in our own front yard. We don't even own a sled. The girls have snow clothes, but we had to scramble to find some snow pants for Doug. It was very chilly, and after a while, Hannah and Lauren and I settled ourselves in the van, eating snacks, drinking hot cocoa, and chatting with another mom and her daughter, Hannah's friend.
When we came home, it was time to pack up Christmas. Usually, I'm ready to take down our tree as soon as the day passes, but this year, I've been especially sad to see Christmas end so soon. I'm not even tired of my holiday music yet. Any excuse to redecorate, even if it's just going back to the same old decor, helps to make the house feel fresh, but I still felt surprisingly melancholy about putting an official end to the Christmas season.
However, it was good to get back into our old, pre-holiday routine again today. Doug went back to work, the girls went back to school, and I got back to the laundry. Not that it hasn't been done during the holiday season, but it felt satisfying to spend all day doing several loads. (I'm very sure that satisfaction will fade within a few weeks, and I might be dreading my old routine again!)
3 comments:
Super cute pic!
I love Hannah's Manners. I hope it becomes a regular column.
Mom L.
You could have stuck with the birthday tree idea and just left it up year-round! Just think of the festive New Year's, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, Easter, etc. trees you could come up with!
I'm just sayin'.
Post a Comment