Several years ago I was waiting in line at Sam's Club, and behind me was an adorable elderly couple. He started to talk to me about my three little girls, who were shopping with me that day. He said, "So your mathematical equation is 1+1 x 7 = 5." I had to think about it for a minute before I understood what he was saying. It helped when he went on with, "Our equation is 1+1 x 54 = 62." (I wish I could remember the real numbers he used, but those are pretty close, I think.)
Anyhow, Doug and I are 1+1 x 12 now. We celebrated our anniversary in Utah again. It was really nice to get to go back to the Bountiful Temple where we were married 12 years ago that day, and get all sentimental with my sweetie. :) We also went to lunch, and this year, we exchanged gifts! Doug gave me a new video recorder (our first one finally died after almost 11 faithful years of service to us), and I gave him a new wedding ring, since he can't wear his old one anymore--it's too big, and it flies off his finger. (It's becoming a danger to those around him, whenever he gestures with his hands.) This is his third wedding ring, by the way. His original ring suffered some damage one night when he was working at the temple as a security guard. That's a story for another time. And now, his fingers have shrunk down to a smaller size, and he's been going around without any ring at all, which only invites unwanted flirting and subsequent disappointment to every single woman he comes across. So I figured it was a good time to tag him again.
I feel so lucky to have picked someone to marry (at the very young and naive age of 19) who was such a gem then, and has only become more refined and perfected in the 12 years since.
Happy Anniversary to us!
Anyhow, Doug and I are 1+1 x 12 now. We celebrated our anniversary in Utah again. It was really nice to get to go back to the Bountiful Temple where we were married 12 years ago that day, and get all sentimental with my sweetie. :) We also went to lunch, and this year, we exchanged gifts! Doug gave me a new video recorder (our first one finally died after almost 11 faithful years of service to us), and I gave him a new wedding ring, since he can't wear his old one anymore--it's too big, and it flies off his finger. (It's becoming a danger to those around him, whenever he gestures with his hands.) This is his third wedding ring, by the way. His original ring suffered some damage one night when he was working at the temple as a security guard. That's a story for another time. And now, his fingers have shrunk down to a smaller size, and he's been going around without any ring at all, which only invites unwanted flirting and subsequent disappointment to every single woman he comes across. So I figured it was a good time to tag him again.
I feel so lucky to have picked someone to marry (at the very young and naive age of 19) who was such a gem then, and has only become more refined and perfected in the 12 years since.
Happy Anniversary to us!
1 comment:
As long as we're talking about equations, Rebecca + Doog = Roog. Other alternatives include Redoog or Decca.
Anyway, I love you two as a couple. The addition of Doug to our family boosted the Davies humor quotient exponentially...
Post a Comment