Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mowing, Mulching, and a Mystery

Last week, eight yards of mulch was dumped in front of our house. Mysterious? No. We paid a neighbor to deliver it, and we split the load with the yard next door.

Friday, Saturday, and Monday were spent outdoors (YES!!!) mowing the lawn, weeding the flower beds, trimming the bushes, and spreading the mulch...not to mention tilling the garden, and moving lots of dirt and sand in the wheelbarrow. So the fact that I woke up Tuesday morning feeling pretty sore was also not a mystery.

However, several weeks ago my glasses went missing. I regretted having to go on a road trip and wear my contacts during the long hours of driving. I had searched all the hiding places I could think of, but my glasses were nowhere to be found.

When I scooted along on my knees, pulling weeds from the flower beds in front of my house, and I found my glasses lying there in the dirt and dead branches, I wondered how they got there. Or, more specifically, which cute little pair of hands had delivered them there: Hannah's, or Olivia's?

But here's the biggest mystery of all.

Where is the big old bird that took aim at my poor left lens and left it covered in yuck? I'd like to have a little chat with him...

2 comments:

Kara said...

It truly was a perfect weekend for yard work. What an interesting place to find your glasses. Glad they were just dirty, but intact. A few weeks ago I found my prescription sunglasses with the frame broken. My four year old admitted she had been playing with them. I use these all the time for driving in the summer so I was very glad when my new ones got her in time for our current sunny weather (or at least what we had this past weekend-the rain is good for the flowers right?)

Suzanne said...

I bet your yard looks good after all the hard work. Sounds like a great character building activity.