School is out today. The sun is hiding behind the clouds, which are predicted to start dropping snow soon.
So we're hanging out at home.
Playing Mario Kart. Emily is (like her mother) loud and competetive. And Lauren is just proud when she is ahead of any of her sisters. And Katelyn is quietly concentrating. And Hannah is kind of clueless. But she's happy as long as she's Daisy.
And as I make Gerb's cake for breakfast, this is what I overhear:
(The older girls have already crossed the finish line, and are waiting for Daisy to complete the race.)
K: Here Hannah, let me help you...
E: Look, Hannah, you won! You're the best racer ever! Look, you're number one-one. That's even better than one! That's eleven times first place!
H: I'm the winner?
E: Yes!
H: (Playing it cool) Well, I've done lots of racing...
8 comments:
How did you get a holiday today and we didn't? I'm kind of jealous.
That is seriously one of the most precious stories I have ever heard. What good sisters!
I am in love with your kids. In fact, you and Jill and Aaron have all done so well, that I kind of think I won't even try.
Gerb--How should I know? I suppose it's a teacher "work" day.
Cousin L--It's important to treasure the sweet moments, ya know?
Sarah--That would be a true shame!
Holy Hannah! Can you put me in your will as inheriting Hannah? I just want to squeeze her!
Adorable. What is your secret?
Aww that was a aweet story. Isn't it great when your kids get along with each other all by themselves? That cake sounds yummy!
What sweet sisters! You have great girls.
Post a Comment