Sunday, November 9, 2008

We like to laugh.

Katelyn reported that her YW lesson today was about Dating and Marriage. (Isn't that a funny jump from Primary lessons just 2 weeks ago?) Anyway, she said that during the lesson, the advisor asked these 12-year-old girls what qualities they would look for in a boy they would hope to date, and the first two that Katelyn listed were:

1. Does he have the same standards as you?
and
2. Is he funny?

That made me smile. I can see why she thinks that's important. I love having a husband who can make me laugh, even when I don't feel like smiling. It is the best medicine, so they say.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

When Doug left home, I really missed our funny dinner conversations. I am glad that he still has that wonderful sense of humor. It is great fun hearing about your child rearing experiences.

Anonymous said...

He made Owen laugh so hard today that Owen said, "my tummy hurts".
-Kaelyn

Darla Davies said...

Sounds like that girl has had some great parenting!

Love you all!
Mom D.

Clark and Liesel said...

Gotta love the Larson boys and their sense of humor! :) That is too funny that she's already having lessons on dating and marriage. Awww the good 'ol days of Young Womens!