Playing with cousins
Last Monday we met at a beach and, after playing for a while, Lauren and Emily went to Portland with them, and we brought Aaron (12) and Sarah (5) home with us for the rest of the week. It was a fun swap.Picking berries
While those in Portland were going to movies, bowling, and swimming, I did my best to wear out the kids in my care. We walked to the library and back (I'm pretty sure it's uphill, both ways) one day, and went to the berry fields the next. Sounds like tons of fun, right?! (Actually, I honestly enjoy picking berries. When we went to Portland Friday and Saturday, to see Elise get baptized and swap the kids back, I spent some enjoyable time alone picking more strawberries and blueberries in their backyard garden, and eating them, too. Delish!) Thank goodness for Uncle Doug, who played with the kids at the park and took Aaron and Katelyn fishing Friday morning.Making jam
The kids helped a little bit, but mostly I encouraged them to watch lots of t.v. while I got my work done. Yep, those are the kind of parenting techniques I studied in college, earning my degree in Human Development. ;)Riding bikes

I told Aaron he could ride Doug's bike, but it had a few problems, so he ended up riding girls' bikes all week. He was a pretty good sport!
Parading around the block
Can you see the elaborate red, white, and blue decorations we applied to their bikes? Pretty fancy!Spying on the new neighbors
Yessiree, our pesky neighbors have been busy, too. We have four new little ones. I have to admit that I think they're cute at this size, but they are still more pesky than adorable.Lighting fireworks
I tried to keep my anxiety under control in this situation. I'm not a huge fan of non-professional firework shows. Katelyn takes after me--she was happy to stay inside the house with the sleeping baby.Relaxing
Yes, it's true, the one on the right has been sleeping well lately: 8 hour stretches, three of the last four nights. Just when I thought she couldn't get any more perfect...Baking
Our family is back together! As much as the girls enjoy their dinner nights, they love baking cookies even better! Emily did this without any help yesterday, and I was so impressed with how beautiful her cookies turned out to be.
1 comment:
Fun, fun.
Post a Comment