This summer has been bad for me. I've developed a very bad habit of sleeping in late. It might be hard to break, come September, when I have to get up a couple hours earlier than I'm now used to, to get three girls ready and off to school. But today it was especially difficult to open my eyes, since I stayed up most of the night finishing the last Harry Potter book. (It was worth it.)
This morning, though, I experienced the best kind of wake-up there could be.

Hannah and Lauren had both climbed into bed with me, which happens quite often in the morning. As a bonus to the usual cuddling, today they got brushes and sat there brushing my hair. As I continued to snooze, they chatted across me, and then Hannah said, "Lauren, you're my bestest friend." It made my heart smile. I love those cuties.
1 comment:
So sweet Rebecca! I love reading your summer stories!
Love, Jamie
Post a Comment