Last week, however, we had my forever-friend, Erika, and her husband Mike and kids Zachary and Reese here for a few days. Erika and I had our second annual spa day. It was heavenly. We each got an hour massage (the best!), a facial (not all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion), a manicure and a pedicure. Oh yeah, and a bonus: a Swiss steam shower. Aaaahhh. Pure pampering. This is the only evidence I have left of that blissful day...

But oh, what enjoyable memories it brings back, every time I peer at my piggies. :)
On Tuesday we took a "Duck" tour of Seattle. The "Duck" is this amphibious vehicle, which drives you around the city for an hour, with a driver/tour guide playing funky music and being goofy while sharing a little history of Seattle. And then he drives the Duck into the water and putts around Lake Union for 30 minutes. It was pretty darn entertaining, but half the fun was just because Erika and I were being dorks together. Surprise, surprise. The highlight of the Duck tour was that they have these obnoxious yellow duck quackers that Erika bought for all the kids. With all six kids quacking loudly in line, we were secured a spot at the back of the Duck, separated from the other tourists by a couple of rows. ;)
The duck tour was almost as fun as Jump Planet. We took all the kids there Monday night, but no one had more laughs than Erika and I did on the giant inflatable slide. It's nice to have a friend who's your same age, both chronologically and mentally.
It's Erika's birthday today. Feel free to e-mail her a birthday message. And remind her to e-mail me her pictures of last week's visit. :) mailto:erikahaw@aol.com
1 comment:
Remember that email you sent me about not being able to read my blog...
(sniff...*sob*...)
Just kidding.
I will still love you even though you have other friends. Sounds like a fun day!
Post a Comment