I enjoy cooking and baking, but that doesn't mean I always prepare gourmet meals for my family. In fact, my food is hardly ever "gourmet". I would probably call it something closer to "cheap and simple." Tonight, for example, we had Broccoli Casserole. Some of you might even classify that as "just plain gross," but not my children! They came to dinner, looked at the main dish, and said:

"Oooooh! Broccoli Casserole? YUMMY!"
While we were eating, their compliments continued.
"I can't believe some kids don't like broccoli...especially, broccoli casserole!"
I bet if I offered them one of those "gourmet", extravagant, beautifully-plated, reality t.v. show worthy dinners, I would probably hear things like, "I don't like that. How many bites to I have to eat?" and "I'm not very hungry."
They have no idea what they're missing....and I plan to keep them in the dark about that as long as possible.
5 comments:
Hi Rebecca! I think the casserole looks tasty! I'm glad you have blog-it is fun to get to know you better-what a great personality you have! I'm gonna make those Peanut butter cookies!
Love,Jamie Bare
Wish I could have been there for dinner! Looks yummy to me! I can't sell that kind of casserole to Dad, and even the girls are telling me that they "hate casserole" (like there is only one type!). I can testify that you are a great (if not gourmet) cook!
Love, Mom
I have had Rebecca meals that she might say are "simple" but they are most definitely gourmet! You are a great cook.
-Kaelyn
Mom's right - if casserole consists of mystery sauce and peas and stuffing, I'm not the biggest fan. But you can never go wrong with Broccoli, cheese, and mayo!
I agree with Kaelyn though - I think you're pretty gourmet too.
By the way, why did you shrink your family picture???
Sarah--there is NO MAYO in this casserole. Our taste buds are not THAT twisted! Ew!
Post a Comment