Thursday, September 25, 2008

Focus

Guess who is in every picture snapped by our camera? Baby Olivia, that's who. You know how, stereotypically, the first child gets photographed a ton, and subsequent children are supposed to have fewer and fewer photos of their childhood? Well, the thing that blew that theory in our case is the new digital technology. See, many of our pictures are taken by my kids (especially Lauren and Hannah), and not me. Back when we had a camera with actual film, I would not have been so free with it. I probably take just as many pictures of Olivia as I did of Katelyn as a baby--maybe slightly fewer. But when I was buying film and paying to develop it, and half the shots came back from the printer and went into the garbage because they were worthless, I had to be little more choosy.



Anyway, here is a sampling of Hannah's photography:



Daddy and Olivia. See the resemblance? I do. Mommy and Olivia. See that nice brown spot on my cheekbone? Yeah, I didn't have that before Olivia came into my life. As you can see, I love her a bunch anyway. My face has a nice-sized blemish like that for almost every one of my pregnancies. I hope it's not cancer.


And here's the picture I took this morning. These two were so irresistable in their pink and brown, I had to take a quick snapshot. (I hear that the new trendy combo is brown and green, which is also a good choice.)
On my Christmas wish list: a nice digital camera that I won't want to share with my little ones. And would someone please develop a way to print the picture date on the back of the print instead of the bottom corner? That would be fantastic.

3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

She is getting so big. They grow up too fast. Hannah is getting big too. oh goodness. I think it is fabulous that you are getting so many pictures. That just means that you will have to post them! :) Plus you will have the fun memories. I have decided that the only problem with digital cameras is that I take a TON of pictures and put them ALL on my computer. They take up so much space and I hardly ever print them. erg. When I have money I will print them and may be if I am ambitious I will scrapbook. haha that is a big may be!

Suzanne said...

At least there is a date somewhere on the picture. My challenge is finding pictures or slides with no date at all.
Your girls are so beautiful! I do think Doug and Olivia look alike.

Amy said...

Your girls are so beautiful! Can't wait to see them in November!