Friday night, Doug and I enjoyed a doube date with daughters, Katelyn and Hannah, to see the traveling Broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast."
Almost ten years ago, some generous friends gave us tickets to see this show. Doug and I took Katelyn, and without any preconceived expectations, we were blown away! The actors were excellent, the costumes were clever, the dancing and special effects were magical. And the lines we had memorized from the Disney movie were susprisingly hilarious when delivered live! It remained at the top of my list of favorite Broadway shows I've seen.
So, when I saw it was returning to Salt Lake City this year, I had to buy some tickets!
Katelyn was super excited because she remembers seeing it last time, and because she is playing Madame LaGrande Bouche in her school's production of the same show this Spring. Hannah was super excited because she got to wear her Belle dress, and I did my best to give her Belle's hairdo.
We headed downtown and looked for someplace close to the theater to eat. Katelyn was craving Chinese, and Hannah would have been happy with a hamburger. But we ended up at Benihana. We figured it would be more memorable than any of our other options. The food was good, and the chef was better. Being able to sit down at a restaurant with your children and enjoy a nice meal is the best!
After our dinner show, we walked half a block South to the theater, just in time to sit down and enjoy the show.
Hannah got to sit next to her friend Jayde--also in her own Belle dress--and one of the best parts of the show was seeing those two little blondies squeeze each other, with huge grins on their faces, during the thrill of the final scene.
1 comment:
We watched a home video the other day when the girls did that Beauty and Beast play where Katelyn played Chip. So fun she is acting again!
Post a Comment