Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Festivities



  • Cruising through the canyon to see the colors close-up:


 


As we walked around the boardwalks at Cascade Springs, Doug said, "We should do things like this more often. It's fun; the house is not getting messy right now; and everyone is getting along." Less than an hour later, as we came out of the canyon, Doug was pulled over to the side of the road threatening Emily to get out of the car and walk home. But it was fun while it lasted.



  • Flags spinning on the football field. Katelyn is spending hours nearly every day practicing with the Color Guard. Last week they performed for friends and family. It's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.
Just think how dull a marching band might be...
    without flags, rifles and sabers!

  • Picking peaches.

Our second tree gave us a late crop of big beautiful fruit. These peaches are delicious to eat, but there's no way we can eat them all before they start to get mushy, and I really don't feel like bottling them. My freezer is already stuffed full of jam and frozen fruit from the last crop. So it's time to do some "gifting"!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww, man! I wish I lived around the corner so I could share in your peach crop! I always have happy day dreams of day trips and somehow they always end up in total exhaustion. I accidentally admitted to someone the other day, "I love to travel but without kids." :) I'm glad you still update your blog so I can catch a glimpse of your life!

Aleesha Burke said...

Oh gift us some peaches! We don't have anymore.
I am loving the fall colors too. Cute picture of you and the girls.

Anonymous said...

Yum, peaches! -Kaelyn

Kara said...

I was reminded of a trip we took together to Cascade Springs when our kids where much younger (and we didn't have so many). Time sure has flown and brought with it many changes.

If you are serious I would love some peaches. Our tree quit producing a few weeks ago and I am missing fresh peaches. Maybe send them to work?

Clark and Liesel said...

I love Fall time. I think its probably my favorite time of year. Glad you are enjoying the leaves changing colors. And go Katie!!

Gerb said...

LOVE the pictures!

Brandi said...

gorgeous! I always miss Utah in the fall! And Rebecca, you look as young as your girls! you never age! Great work on your peaches. So fun! :)