Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flashback Fashion

Tonight, Katelyn wore my eighth grade "graduation" dress (specially ordered by myself, and made by my talented mother) to her eigth grade "completion" celebration.


Rebecca in her backyard (with her grandparents), 1990

Katelyn in her backyard, 2011

In my case, it really was a graduation, because I was leaving junior high and starting high school. 


 In Kate's case, it's just a "completion", because even though Katelyn will be a Freshman in the fall, she is not graduating from junior high.  Our local junior high hosts 7th-9th grades, and the high school is just 10th-12th.  And that means that Katelyn will spend more time in junior high school than she will at a high school, since she started 6th grade at a junior high school in Washington.

In Katelyn's lingo, she might say that's "Pretty grand, eh?" 

3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

that's awesome! can't belive she is so grown up!

Kara said...

What a fun dress. I think it is so cool that you saved it!

Darla Davies said...

I'm honored! Is this what they call a "time-honored tradition"? You both look/ed great in the dress! Both beautiful girls!