The girls have no school and Doug has no work for the rest of the week. Our Thanksgiving Break began last night, and so far it has been wonderful!
Doug and I kicked things off with a little dinner date. The weathermen were forecasting a huge blizzard to arrive at any time, so we stuck close to home and just grabbed a quick bite of dinner, and talked. Wow, why has it been so long since we've done that?!
Then we came home just ahead of the blizzard (Turns out it blew a lot, but didn't drop a lot of snow. Now it's just freezing cold!), and Doug watched movies with the girls while I browsed sale ads online and wondered if I want to do any shopping this Friday. I'm still undecided.
This morning, Doug and I went to the temple and snuck in another meal for two, before heading home to pick up the girls and rush off to the first showtime of "Tangled." My review: I loved it! It made me laugh out loud, and it almost made me cry. Almost. (Hey, put yourself in my shoes: I have five daughters, and I was watching a show about a baby girl who is kidnapped and hidden from her parents for her entire childhood. It gets to me.) Anyway, I think it was well worth the matinee theater price, and I will definitely buy the DVD when it's released. Meanwhile, I'm going to download the soundtrack. I loved it!
After soup and sandwiches for lunch, everyone is relaxing (napping, playing, watching dumb t.v. shows). I'm spending a little time relaxing, too, before I start my marathon in the kitchen. We'll be hosting a feast for 22 Larsons tomorrow. It's going to be exciting, for sure!
1 comment:
Glad you guys are having a great Thanksgiving break so far! Wish we could join you for your feast....I know its going to be wonderful. The other day I was thinking about our trip out to Utah this summer where you hosted a fun Larson get together at your home. We had the Jalapeno Cream Cheese dip. I have been craving that for the past few days and so we are bringing some to our Thanksgiving dinner with friends as an appetizer. Miss you!
Post a Comment