Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Vacation!

This was officially "our family vacation" this summer.  We rented a cabin for five days at Bear Lake.  It was a great spot for several reasons: it was only a three hour drive from home, but it felt very far away; it was a quiet little slow-paced town; the weather was just right (only one day of scattered thunderstorms); and we were able to spend lots of time in, on, and near the water!

We biked around a little bit each day.  On Friday, Doug went on a serious ride with his cycling brothers.
On Saturday morning, I biked most of the way around the lake with my brothers-in-law and nephews.  (They did 50 miles, but I just did 35.) 



Just one block away from our cabin was this fun city park.

While Doug was cycling on Friday, I took the girls to the largest cave in the state of Idaho. 



That night we camped with cousins.



We all agree that Grandpa's boat made for the best times!












We loved spending time at the beaches.




When we saw ads for nearby horseback rides, we couldn't refuse.  Our one hour trail ride on the mountain was so peaceful and lovely.

Hannah and Olivia had more horseback adventures back at our cabin.




The End.
I've had a great week of vacation in both June and July.  I wonder what August will bring?...

6 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun!!! That seems like the perfect vacation. I love the pictures! You have the cutest family. I like the picture of Hannah and Doug on the tube where she is giving a thumbs up! Too cute!

Gerb said...

I think August should be the month for a date with your friends who keep meaning to call you but never do. Not quite a vacation, but still - good times! Whaddayasay?

Rebecca said...

Gerb,

I thought you'd never ask.

Yes, of course we'll go out with you.

Kara said...

What fantastic photos!
This year our choices for a "family vacation" were between Bear lake or Yellowstone. Yellowstone won (I think mostly because we did a lake vacation last year) so that's where we are heading soon.

Amy said...

What a great family vacation! Glad you guys are having such a fun summer!

Brandi said...

What a fun trip. Fun for me to see some of your family. Love the pic of the girls sacked out on the car ride home. haha!