Monday, November 5, 2007

Tagged

I was sort of tagged by Sarah, and since I can't come up with anything better to blog about, here it is...
And if you are also experiencing blogfreeze...consider yourself tagged.

Best thing you cooked last week:
I made a good lasagna last night. I can't remember much past yesterday!

If money and time were no object, where would you go and with whom?
I would spend the entire winter (around here, that means I won't be back until July) on a warm beach with my family.

When was the last time you cried?
Well, I had a good cry on Saturday, and I also had a brief cry on Sunday, but remember: I'm pregnant!

5 things you were doing this month 10 years ago:
1. Driving my cool new car (95 Ford Contour with purplish tinted windows, which Doug still drives), and getting good at shifting gears
2. Finishing my last couple of classes at night at BYU. (ASL 101 and...something else?)
3. Spending my days with 1-year-old Katelyn, reading lots of board books, and sewing dresses for her
4. Daydreaming about the holidays, and whether we should have another baby yet
5. Writing our Christmas newsletter


5 things on your to do list today:
1. Clean the bathrooms
2. Buy milk
3. Clean out the freezer
4. Take a walk
5. Think of something more exciting to add to my list

6 favorite snacks:
1. Cold cereal
2. Nuts
3. Veggies & dip
4. Apples & cheese
5. Halloween candy (sshhhh!)

5 bad habits:
1. Eating Halloween candy
2. Buying things I don't really need, because it's a "bargain"
3. Collecting baby boy clothes, just in case
4. Checking Gerb's blog multiple times a day, knowing that she's tracking me every time I do
5. Sleeping in

5 favorite foods:
1. Anything Mexican
2. Pasta
3. Grandma's cookies
4. Mom's rolls
5. Cold cereal

5 places I've been:
1. In the states: Scottsbluff, Nebraska (may not be exotic, but it is unique!), but nowhere in the south (except Disney World)
2. Spanish-speaking: Puerto Rico, but not Mexico
3.Europe: Germany/Switzerland/Austria, but not France
4. Hawaii: Oahu and Kauai, but not Maui
5. Church History sites: Martin's Cove area, Wyoming; Palmyra, New York; Kirtland, Ohio; All over Utah--but not Nauvoo, Illinois.

6 favorite memories (or more!):
1. Kindergarten: Mr. Bagan's beard; Sneak attacks from Astro; Bringing a candle shaped like an ice cream sundae for Show & Tell; Erika's ice-packed green popsicle snack in her lunchbox
2. Riding in Dad's half-remodeled Model A in the St. Patrick's Day parade, and getting drenched in the pouring rain!
3. Youth activities in the San Ramon II Ward. Singing together. Greater Than Us All. Learning to water ski at Camp Ritchie.
4. Doug: first date, wedding day, Lake Powell together without kids...
5. Planning Doug's big 30th birthday surprise
6. Katelyn, Emily, Lauren, Hannah (that makes millions of memories right there)
7. Visiting CasaLarson: Games with Dad & The Sisters-in-Law; Spending all day swimming; A Happy Birthday Serenade by the Larson Boys; The Grapefruit Gauntlet
8. Creating Nativities: painting figures with Jill in Pennsylvania; molding clay figures with Mom and Kaelyn the day after Thanksgiving; cross-stitching mini pillows for Mom in PR; painting plastic figures with my husband and kids one Christmas Eve.
9. Our first real family vacation in Moab--holed away in a little trailer in the mountains for 3 days, riding 4-wheelers, playing games, visiting Arches, listening to General Conference on the car radio

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I check your blog regularly (except for the week when I got the BIG news a few days late) because the entries are great. I liked the day after Thanksgiving day too, it was supposed to become a tradition and then you moved! Thanks for sharing your life. It is always enjoyable to read your blog.
-Kaelyn

Anonymous said...

Love reading your "memories" and reflecting on them. What a wonderful daughter, wife, mother, sister, and person you are! Glad you're mine (and everyone else's as well)! Love, Mom

Gerb said...

I love these "tagged" blogs. My next one will be similar, I have been tagged twice in the last week. I just can't find time to post anything! But keep checking. =0)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Gerberta had a link to your blog. You are very entertaining. I'm excited to hear you're pregnant! We have two boys and I found out last month we get our first girl, due end of Feb. Maybe that kind of luck is going around... and you'll get a boy.
Sabrina B.

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read and learn more about you! I too have VERY fond memories of the grapefruit gauntlet!! I will never forget the time I ran it and Dad Larson hit me square in the neck!! And then there was Thayne who ran it and was chucking grapefruit at us while he ran it! Great times! Glad we are sister-in-laws forever!

~Liesel :)

simplysarah said...

"Astro's bag has a big surprise..." How did that go again? I miss Montevideo. I hereby add "Montevideo" to my list of fav memories.

Gerb said...

OK, you don't have any way of knowing, but I check your blog multiple times daily and want a new one! Are you experiencing blog-freeze? Here are ideas on what to write about:
1. How you and Doug met
2. Your favorite Thanksgiving
3. Your favorite Christmas
4. The craziest thing you've done
5. The stupid things that make you cry when you're pregnant (watch for that one coming soon to my blog...)
6. Your amazing parents and sisters

Need more? I've got plenty of ideas if you want them.

Thanks for putting up with my whims.